Bloomington City Council Committee of the Whole discusses whether to establish a Traffic Advisory Committee
Bloomington City Council Committee of the Whole met Tuesday, Jan. 17.
The City Council meets on the 2nd and 4th Mondays every month at 7:00 PM in the City Hall Council Chambers on the 2nd Level. All City Council meetings are open to the public and are handicap accessible.
Here is the agenda as provided by Bloomington:
CITY COUNCIL COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE MEETING AGENDA CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS 109 E. OLIVE STREET, BLOOMINGTON, IL 61701 TUESDAY, JANUARY 17, 2017, 5:30 P.M.
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call of Attendance
3. Public Comment
(Each regular City Council meeting shall have a public comment period not to exceed 30 minutes. Every speaker is entitled to speak for up to 3 minutes. To be considered for public comment, complete a public comment card at least 5 minutes prior to the start of the meeting. The Mayor will randomly draw from the cards submitted. Public comment is a time to give comment. It is not a question and answer period and the City Council does not respond to public comments. Speakers who engage in threatening or disorderly behavior will have their time ceased.)
4. Consideration of approving the Committee of the Whole Meeting Minutes of November 21, 2016. (Recommend that the reading of the minutes be dispensed with and the minutes approved as printed.)
5. Presentation and discussion of the FY 2017 Status and Year End Projection.
(Presentation by David Hales, City Manager and Patti-Lynn Silva, Finance Director 15 minutes, Council discussion 15 minutes.)
6. Presentation of the Police & Fire Pension Annual Financials. (Presentation by David Hales, City Manager and Patti-Lynn Silva, Finance Director 15 minutes, Council discussion 15 minutes.)
7. Presentation of the U.S. Cellular Coliseum and VenuWorks Mid-Year Performance and Financial Report. (Presentation by Lynn Cannon, Executive Director, VenuWorks 10 minutes, and Council discussion 10 minutes.)
8. Presentation and discussion on creating a Traffic Advisory Committee. (Presentation by David Hales, City Manager 5 minutes, Council discussion 15 minutes.)
Note: No action will be taken on any matters at this meeting beyond approval of the minutes.
9. Presentation and discussion on allocating resources to advertise, attract and employ a Traffic Engineer for the Public Works Department. (Presentation by David Hales, City Manager 5 minutes, Council discussion 10 minutes.)
10. Adjournment (approximately 7:30 PM)