City of Fairbury City Council met Feb. 5.
Here is the minutes provided by the council:
1. Call to order – Mayor Slagel called the meeting to order.
2. Mayor Slagel directed the Clerk to call roll and the following members of Council answered present: Gary Norris, Steve Endres, Charles Hoselton, Jon Kinate, Bruce Weber, Gerald Hoffman and Bill Schmidgall. Lynn Dameron was absent.
3. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
4. Motion to approve the Consent Agenda – Motion by Kinate, second by Weber to approve the following items on the Consent Agenda:
A. Minutes from the January 22, 2020, council meeting
B. Voucher Invoice Register listing the bills
C. Treasurer’s Cash Report (second meeting of the month)
D. Check Register (second meeting of the month)
F. Overtime Report
Motion carried 7-0. YES-Norris Endres Hoselton Kinate Weber Hoffman Schmidgall
5. Mayor Slagel opened Public Comment and the following persons provided comments:
→ Deb Moran, ESDA Director, distributed an updated map of Dave’s Supermarket Emergency Service Door Layout and asked each elected official to insert the map into their Disaster Plan notebooks
→ Deb also reported she has been attending the Livingston County MultiJurisdictional All Hazards Mitigation Planning committee meetings. For planning purposes, the Committee needs to know which communities in Livingston County have a pre-tornado facility. Deb has prepared a statement and with the Mayor’s approval, she will share the City of Fairbury’s pre-tornado plan with the committee.
6. Reports of Departments
→ Street Superintendent/Fire Chief Steidinger reported
• Machine Solutions is closing and they have a hoist for sale that would benefit the Street Department
• Key Equipment has a 2014 used sweeper for sale. Steidinger scheduled a
Streets and Finance committee meeting to discuss the possible purchase; meeting has been scheduled for Wednesday, February 12th @ 6 p.m.
→ Sewer Superintendent Duncan was absent
→ Water Superintendent Mellott – no report
→ Chief of Police McCormick – no report
→ City Superintendent Ashburn reported
• A couple of properties have shown interest in annexing to the City
→ City Attorney Mann was absent
7. Reports of Aldermen
→ Alderman Norris – no report
→ Alderman Endres – no report
→ Alderman Hoselton – no report
→ Alderman Kinate – no report
→ Alderman Weber – no report
→ Alderman Hoffman – no report
→ Alderman Dameron was absent
→ Alderman Schmidgall – no report
8. Items Removed from Consent Agenda – NONE
9. Old Business – Discussion/Action Items - NONE
10. New Business – Discussion/Action Items
A. Motion by Schmidgall, second by Kinate to approve Ordinance No. 2020-1 Fixing the Compensation of Certain Employees of the City of Fairbury. Motion carried 7-0. YESNorris Endres Hoselton Kinate Weber Hoffman Schmidgall
B. Motion by Hoffman, second by Endres to approve membership dues to the Greater Livingston County Economic Development Council in the amount of $3,958 due August
1, 2020 and October 1, 2020 for a total of $7,916. Motion carried 7-0. YES-Norris Endres Hoselton Kinate Weber Hoffman Schmidgall
C. Consideration of quotes to install back-up generator for the City Water Tower - TABLED
D. Motion by Kinate, second by Hoselton to approve a request from Doug Aaron to close part of E Locust Street from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, August 1, 2020, to host the 1st Annual Prairie Dirt Classic Cruise-In. Motion carried 7-0. YES-Norris Endres Hoselton Kinate Weber Hoffman Schmidgall
11. Other Items for Discussion & Information
12. Public Comment - NONE
13. DID NOT ENTER
14. Adjournment – Motion by Norris, second by Schmidgall to adjourn @ 7:03 p.m.